Just find your answers below:

Does this office give legal advice?

No, the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office does not provide civil legal advice to the public.

Should crimes be reported to this office?

This is not an investigating office. If you believe a crime has been committed, you should contact your local police department or the Craighead County Sheriff.

Which law enforcement agency do I report a crime to?

The city or county of which the alleged crime occurred determines which law enforcement agency to be contacted. For example:

  • If the alleged crime occurred in the Jonesboro city limits, then contact the Jonesboro Police Department.
  • If the alleged crime occurred outside the city limits in Craighead County, then contact the Craighead County Sheriff’s Office.

How do I file for an Order of Protection?

You may be eligible for an Order of Protection if you believe you are in immediate danger of physical violence from a current or former household member.

To file a petition for an Order of Protection, you will need to go to the Circuit Clerk’s office:

Candace Edwards
Craighead County Circuit Clerk
511 S. Main Street
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 933-4530

You must provide the offender’s correct date of birth and an address where they can be served the protection order. Deputies will not search for your offender beyond the details you provide.

What if I have a question about someone with felony drug charges?

Our office does not handle felony drug charges.  Those are handled by the Second Judicial Drug Task Force, who can be reached at (870) 932-4355.